Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank You!

Today is the first anniversary of Ice Musings.  I've been a lifelong fan of figure skating, but when I started this blog a year ago, I never dreamed that it would lead to the opportunities I've had.  I wanted to share my thoughts about the sport I've followed for years and hopefully interact with some great people in the process.

In the last year, I've received over 70,000 hits on this blog from over 60 countries and in over 30 languages.  I never imagined that I'd reach so many people and have so much fun in the process.

I want to thank Backstage Barbie, one of my closest friends, for encouraging me to start blogging and for all the hours we spend obsessing over our favorite skaters and predicting the medals months in advance.  Thank you to Jamie Blanchard for giving me the opportunity to write for Figure Skaters Online.  I never would have imagined a year ago that I'd be interviewing these skaters that I watch on TV.  To all the other fans out there on message boards and on twitter for posting news updates, live internet feeds of events and other information that I can use and pass on.  Most of all, I'd like to thank you, my readers for sticking with me.  It's incredibly rewarding to know that you're out there reading what I have to say every day.

I love getting feedback!  I try to make sure all my posts are researched, accurate and well written, but I know I make mistakes.  Hit the comment button and let me know.  Disagree with my predictions?  You can reach me on Twitter.  You can also "Like" Ice Musings on Facebook and post responses there.

It's been a great year for figure skating and I am so humbled to have been a part of it and I'm looking forward to what the next year brings.  But first, I'll start where it all began: Skate Canada.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to you for this amazing blog! Sometimes, I don´t agree with you but I enjoy reading the texts.. Happy Anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary and many returns!!! Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete