Saturday, October 26, 2013

A New Beginning

Today is Ice Musings third birthday.  When I first started this blog before Skate Canada in 2011 I was merely looking to jot down some of my thoughts throughout the season as a reference for myself, but this site has become so much more to me over the years.

I've been able to share in so many of your skating journeys and enjoy the dialogue back and forth as we sit up in the middle of the night watching skating events overseas and trying to keep the passion for the sport alive.  I've met incredible people who do more in a single day than I can even imagine at such a young age and keep coming back for more.  I've come to know the sport I've loved since childhood inside and out and have a much deeper appreciation for the intricacies that go into it.

I'm so thankful for all the readers I've had over the past three years.  There have been times when I wondered if it was all worth it to get up early to catch an event or stay up late to squeeze in a post.  Luckily, this is such a wonderful community to belong to and I've received the most kind and inspiring comments and that keeps me posting all through a long season.

Coming full circle, I'm happy to announce that starting with today's Skate Canada events, Ice Musings is moving to a new home: icemusings.com.  My redesigned site is more user friendly and will allow you to access your favorite events easier than ever before.  All of my previous content will remain here but has also been moved over to it's new home.  Check it out and don't forget to let me know what you think!  I can be reached via Twitter and Facebook or you can email me at icemusings@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment