Thursday, January 10, 2013
Breaking Down the Elements: Junior Men's Short Program
For the 2012-2013 season, junior men have 7 required elements in their short program to be performed in 2 minutes and 50 seconds. The elements can be performed in any order. The differences from the previous season are that the solo jump must be a flip, the flying spin must be a camel and the pattern of the step sequence is not fixed.
1. Double or triple flip, immediately preceded by connecting steps or other free skating movements
2. Jump combination, double/triple or triple/triple. May not repeat either Axel jump performed or solo jump
3. Double or triple axel
4. Flying Camel spin, Minimum 8 revolutions.
5. Sit spin, with only 1 change of foot, no flying entry. Minimum 6 revolutions each foot.
6. Spin Combination, with only 1 change of foot and all 3 basic positions or any variation thereof. No flying entry. Minimum 6 revolutions each foot and 2 in each position.
7. Leveled Step Sequence, fully utilizing the ice surface