Sunday, January 13, 2013
Breaking Down the Elements: Junior Pairs Short Program
For 2012-2013,the Junior pairs short program consists of 7 elements that must be performed in a maximum time of 2 minutes and 50 seconds. The main differences from last season is that the lift must be a group 4, the throw jump must be a salchow, the solo jump must be a flip or axel, the spin must be solo, the death spiral is a backward outside edge and the pattern of the step sequence is not fixed.
1. Hand to hand loop lift take off (Group 4), minimum 1 revolution and maximum 3 1/2 revolutions by man
2. Double twist lift, flip or lutz take-off only
3. Double or triple salchow throw jump
4. Double flip or axel solo jump
5. Solo spin combination with only 1 change of foot, must have at least two revolutions in two basic positions, minimum 5 revolutions on each foot
6. Backward outside death spiral, when final death spiral position is attained both partners must execute 1 full revolution with man in full pivot position, lady must skate on a clean edge with her body and head close to the ice surface, lady's head must reach the level of her skating knee
7. Leveled step sequence, fully utilize ice surface, partners should share workload and skate close together and to the character of the music, changes of place and holds, short stops and small jump-like movements are permitted.